Request for Proposals, Treatments, and Bids
BabyFirst Americas is seeking proposals, licensing bids, and treatments for new and original re-purposed baby targeted content from qualified producers and content creators. BabyFirst Americas is a children’s television channel dedicated to producing and distributing content for American Latino babies in English and in Spanish. The mission of BabyFirst Americas is:
- To assist Latino parents in exposing their baby to educational concepts while preserving their cultural heritage.
- To provide an early education base that assists in the eradication of the Latino educational “achievement gap”.
- To provide a unique and engaging experience for babies during the first stages of life.
- To supply Latino parents with the best content for their babies when and where they want it, in the most convenient manner and means.
- To enable parents to have maximum control over the type of content and amount of exposure when introducing their baby to electronic media.
- To be a reliable, effective and trusted source of information for parents on topics related to the early stages of parenting.
- To expose the general market to the cultural values of the emerging American Latino community.
II. The Target Audience
The content produced or provided must be targeted at American Latino babies and toddlers from the ages of eight months to four years old.
The primary language of all content must be American English.
BabyFirst America’s is seeking to enter into agreements with producers and content creators to create, or license for broadcast, new and existing shows that meet their target audience.
The producers and content creators must demonstrate that they have an in-depth knowledge of the Latino target market including its culture and educational dynamics.
IV. Project Details
The treatments, concept papers, demo reels , or fully produced shows must clearly demonstrate that if selected the final shows will:
- Be episodic in nature
- Each episode must be anywhere from two to seven minutes in length
- Each episode will further the educational goals of BabyFirst Americas
The chosen projects will include animated programs and live action programs.
V. Resources Provided
BabyFirst Americas is interested in projects in all stages of development.
BabyFirst Americas has excellent in-house production resources for both animation and ‘live” shows that will be made available to selected projects that need in-depth assistance.
VI. The Process for Evaluating Successful Submissions
- The projects will first be evaluated by BabyFirst Americas executive team.
- Projects that receive initial approval by the BabyFirst Americas executive team will be notified and an initial terms negotiation will be scheduled.
- Viable projects will be recommended to the BabyFirst Americas advisory board that will meet in late September 2011.
- Projects approved by the advisory board will enter into final negotiations with BabyFirst Americas.
VII. Format for submissions
BabyFirst Americas is accepting initial submissions in all forms and formats.
The proposals and treatments sought fall into two categories: Pre-Development stage projects and Fully Developed productions.
Pre-Development stage projects:
A Pre-Development stage project falls into this category because:
- The project does not yet have more than a single full episode
- The project will require significant financial assistance in order to develop episodes.
Fully Developed production:
A Fully Developed production project falls into this category because:
- The project has at least two fully developed episodes that will not require production
Each submission must be accompanied by a letter of introduction that must indicate what category of production the project falls into.
Initial submission meetings can be scheduled for specific projects.
To submit your content, please follow these simple steps:
- 1. Print out and sign the Submission Agreement form located BF Americas Submission Form
- 2. Email the signed Submission Agreement form and your content submission to: MSolisMarich@BF-TV.Com
Mario Solis-Marich, Vice President Programming- BabyFirst Americas MSolisMarich@BF-TV.Com